I’ve updated my “About” Page:
Unfiltered, philosophy, politics and culture.
I’m a denizen of academia, a political philosopher, a feminist and a seeker of justice.
In real life, I am quiet, thoughtful, and carefully and meticulously deliberative.
But this isn’t real life.
This is my anonymous blog.
Here you’ll see my considered thoughts on the things I think are important or just interesting.
But here you’ll also see my rage, disgust and oh-so-righteous indignation at the moral horrors of the modern world.
Here are some things to keep in mind.
1. I’m white, male, cis, heterosexual, middle-class, educated and a citizen of the United States.
2. I enjoy great privilege. See #1.
3. I am interested in Justice – broadly construed – with a capital “J.” Justice of race, gender, gender identification, class, educational level. For everyone. Globally.
4. I don’t have a fucking clue what #2 even means. And neither do you.
5. I really want to find out what #2 means, and I would very much like to hear what you think about it.
6. Whatever #2 means, I want to help bring it about, and I am always interested in ways to do this.
7. I do know that #2 means that I, and people like me, will lose a lot of privilege. No, I don’t like that. It fucking sucks. But I don’t see anyway around it.
8. Don’t tell me THAT I am privileged. See#1 and #2. That’s really, really fucking obvious. I live, breathe, sweat, eat, and excrete Patriarchy and Kyriarchy. It flows through my veins and is pumped by my heart. When you cut me, it oozes from the wound. It is the color of my skin, and it dangles between my legs. If I ever go to a place where it doesn’t exist, then it will arrive there with me.
9. Don’t tell me THAT my thinking and opinions are heavily influenced by the Patriarchy and Kyriarchy. See #1 and #2. Of course they are, and so, by the way, are yours.
10. I am very, very interested in HOW I am privileged and HOW my thinking is informed by Patriarchy and Kyriarchy. So if you have insights on this, do not hesitate to offer them.
11. I am open to any disagreement or criticism from any direction of anything I say or post here. My beliefs are provisional and always open to revision. But if you are going to disagree or criticize, you’d better come with some reasons. If you don’t like what I say or post, but can’t give me any reasons for why you think I’m wrong, then Fuck, the fuck, Off.